First American Title Insurance Company, a leading provider of title insurance and settlement services and the largest subsidiary of First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), today announced the launch of a new multilingual website and online video library, www.firstammulticultural.com, to help multicultural consumers pursue home ownership and navigate the title and closing process in the United States. First American Title developed the website and video library in response to growing demand from multicultural and international communities.
The site provides easy access to educational real estate materials, videos and resources in six languages, including English, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Vietnamese catering to 78% of those who speak a language other than English at home.
“The title and closing process in the U.S. is very different than in it is in the rest of the world, and many of our multicultural customers desire more familiarity with the process here,” said Maria Valentin, vice president, First American Title. “Multicultural buying power in the U.S. is expected to increase significantly in the next few years. Our multilingual website and video library aims to help bridge cultural, ethnic and language barriers, and provide a valuable resource for individuals looking for information to help them get closer to attaining their home ownership dreams. The six languages in which we currently offer materials on the site were chosen because they represent those most often spoken in U.S. homes where English is not the primary language.”
The in-language website and videos cover the following topics:
- Buying or selling a home
- What is title insurance?
- 10 common title problems
- Types of title insurance
- Cost of title insurance
- History of title insurance
- What is escrow?
- Understanding the Good Faith Estimate
- Understanding the HUD-1 Settlement Statement
- The title search process
- Title insurance policy types
- What is a 1031 exchange?
- Homestead Act in Texas
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV