NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Net Element (NETE) soared Tuesday after SeeThruEquity, an independent equity research firm, initiated coverage on the mobile payments company with a price target of $3.27 a share.
"We are excited about NETE's growth potential over the next 2-3 years," SeeThruEquity said in a research note. "As merchants and consumers continue to shift to a cashless environment, we see NETE as an emerging leader in mobile payments, value-added services and technologies."
The stock was up 51.28% to $2.19 at 11:39 a.m. More than 2.4 million shares had changed hands, which dwarfed the average volume of 35,327.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. NETE data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV