For the second quarter Polaris Industries announced earnings of $1.42 a share, 2 cents about the Capital IQ Consensus Estimate of $1.39 a share. Revenue grew 20% from the year-ago quarter to $1.01 billion. Analysts expected revenue of $1 billion for the quarter.
Polaris Industries said it expects EPS of $6.448 to $6.58 a share for the full-year 2014, up from its previous guidance of $6.30 to $6.45 a share. Analysts expect earnings of $6.49 a share for the year.
The company expects revenue growth of 16% to 18%, or about $4.38 billion to $4.58 billion for the year, up from previous guidance of 14% to 16%, or about $3.83 billion to $4.38 billion. Analysts expect revenue of $4.38 billion for the year.Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates POLARIS INDUSTRIES INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate POLARIS INDUSTRIES INC (PII) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value." PII data by YCharts STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV