The German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy issued the awards to support a three-year research and development project between FuelCell Energy affliate FuelCell Energy Solutions and its joint venture partner Fraunhofer IKTS. The project aims to improve the Direct FuelCell technology by increasing power density and operating life of the fuel cells.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Electrical Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 115.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$7.37 million to -$15.84 million.
- The gross profit margin for FUELCELL ENERGY INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 7.11%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -41.39% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Electrical Equipment industry and the overall market, FUELCELL ENERGY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- FCEL, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 5.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 9.8%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- FUELCELL ENERGY INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FUELCELL ENERGY INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.20 versus -$0.24 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.14 versus -$0.20).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: FCEL Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts