NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of The Coca-Cola Co. (KO) are lower by -3.08% to $41.09 in mid-morning trading on Tuesday, after the soda maker reported a drop in revenue and earnings for the 2014 second quarter.
For the most recent quarter Coca-Cola reported earnings per share of 58 cents, compared to 64 cents for the 2013 second quarter.
Coca-Cola's revenue declined 1% to $12.57 billion.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected Coke to report earnings of 63 cents per share on revenue of $12.83 billion, the Wall Street Journal reports. Coca-Cola's decline in profit and revenue can be attributed to the decrease in soda consumption, the Journal said.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates COCA-COLA CO as a Buy with a ratings score of B+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate COCA-COLA CO (KO) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, reasonable valuation levels and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated."
KO data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV