Barbarian At The Gate: Mead Johnson Nutrition (MJN)
- MJN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $103.4 million.
- MJN has traded 258,232 shares today.
- MJN traded in a range 249.3% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.71.
- MJN traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 530 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 530 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MJN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MJN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MJN: Mead Johnson Nutrition Company manufactures, distributes, and sells infant formulas, children's nutrition, and other nutritional products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. MJN has a PE ratio of 28.3. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Mead Johnson Nutrition a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Mead Johnson Nutrition has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Mead Johnson Nutrition has a market cap of $18.8 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 0.69 and a short float of 1.3% with 3.20 days to cover. Shares are up 10.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Mead Johnson Nutrition as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MJN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- MEAD JOHNSON NUTRITION CO has improved earnings per share by 8.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MEAD JOHNSON NUTRITION CO increased its bottom line by earning $3.26 versus $2.96 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.70 versus $3.26).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Food Products industry average. The net income increased by 7.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $188.00 million to $202.40 million.
- The gross profit margin for MEAD JOHNSON NUTRITION CO is rather high; currently it is at 65.53%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 18.18% is above that of the industry average.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 27.27% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full Mead Johnson Nutrition Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts