MORRIS TOWNSHIP, N.J., July 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Honeywell (NYSE: HON)announced today a new brand licensing program to help fishermen ensure they are purchasing fishing line containing genuine Spectra ® fiber.
Under the program, fishing line brands can recognize Spectra fiber as a valuable differentiator and the best and most trusted material for their products, and license the Spectra trademark. In turn, they will guarantee that 100 percent of the high-molecular-weight polyethylene (HMPE) fiber used in their braided fishing line is genuine Spectra fiber, and undergo periodic quality control tests by Honeywell to ensure the use of genuine Spectra fiber. A "Spectra by Honeywell" logo at the top left-hand corner of a fishing line package will indicate inclusion in the program.
"The strength of the Spectra brand has inspired more and more imitators over the years, resulting in products leveraging variations of the Spectra name and claiming to contain Spectra fiber when they may not," said Mark Saholsky, global business manager for Honeywell's Advanced Fibers and Composites business. "We value our trademark and will act accordingly to protect our brand. Going forward, anglers can be certain that products showcasing our licensed trademark and logo are certified by Honeywell to contain 100 percent Spectra fiber and have passed stringent quality testing."
Spectra fiber, which is pound-for-pound 15 times stronger than steel but light enough to float, enables the development of stronger, more durable and more sensitive braided fishing lines so fishermen can cast more easily and hold onto prize catches. Fishing line containing Spectra is four times stronger than nylon fishing line of a similar diameter, and is highly resistant to chemicals and damaging ultraviolet light. All Spectra products exhibit outstanding abrasion resistance, which enables a longer life for Spectra-based braids.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV