NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Lexmark International Inc. (LXK) are higher by 4.22% to $48.92 in early morning trading on Tuesday after the company reported earnings per share of 99 cents for the 2014 second quarter, a decline from $1.04 for the 2013 second quarter, but exceeding analysts' estimates of 93 cents per share.
The printing, imaging, and device management services company posted an increase in revenue to $892 million for the most recent quarter, compared to $887 from the year ago quarter.
Analysts expected revenue of $867.09 million for the quarter, RTT News reports.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates LEXMARK INTL INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate LEXMARK INTL INC (LXK) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins, notable return on equity and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
LXK data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV