CSX (CSX) Reaches New Lifetime High Today
- CSX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $219.3 million.
- CSX has traded 71,578 shares today.
- CSX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CSX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CSX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CSX: CSX Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, provides rail-based transportation services in the United States and Canada. It offers traditional rail services, and transports intermodal containers and trailers. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. CSX has a PE ratio of 17.2. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate CSX a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. The average volume for CSX has been 6.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. CSX has a market cap of $31.2 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 1.48 and a short float of 1.1% with 2.34 days to cover. Shares are up 6.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates CSX as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- CSX CORP's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CSX CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.83 versus $1.79 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.85 versus $1.83).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Road & Rail industry average. The net income increased by 1.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $521.00 million to $529.00 million.
- You can view the full CSX Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts