- Fluzone vaccine is approved for use in people six months of age and older. Fluzone vaccine will be available in two presentations: a 0.5 mL prefilled syringe and a 5 mL multi-dose vial. Children six months through 35 months of age should receive a 0.25 mL dose; children 36 months of age and older, adolescents, and adults should receive a 0.5 mL dose. Fluzone vaccine is the only trivalent influenza vaccine licensed by the FDA for children as young as six months of age.
- Fluzone Quadrivalent vaccine, which helps protect against four influenza strains (two A strains and two B strains), was first licensed by the FDA in 2013. The influenza B strain is associated with high hospitalization and mortality rates, especially in children and young adults. In fact, on average, over multiple recent seasons, 34 percent of influenza-related deaths in children up to 18 years of age were due to influenza B. Like Sanofi Pasteur's Fluzone vaccine, Fluzone Quadrivalent vaccine is licensed for use in children six months of age and older, adolescents, and adults.
- Fluzone High-Dose vaccine, which was introduced in 2010, is available for adults 65 years of age and older. Adults age 65 and older are at greater risk for influenza and its complications because the immune system weakens with age. Fluzone High-Dose vaccine contains four times the amount of antigen than is contained in standard-dose Fluzone vaccine and induces higher antibody responses against the flu to address the age-related decline of their immune system. In a large-scale clinical trial, Fluzone High-Dose vaccine demonstrated higher efficacy in preventing influenza in adults 65 years of age and older compared to standard-dose Fluzone vaccine.
- Fluzone Intradermal vaccine, which was introduced in 2011, will also be available for the upcoming influenza season. Fluzone Intradermal vaccine features a 90 percent smaller, affixed microneedle, and offers an efficient way to vaccinate patients by eliminating steps in the vaccination process.
Sanofi Pasteur Begins Shipping Seasonal Influenza Vaccine For Upcoming 2014-2015 Season In United States
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.