NASHVILLE, Tenn., July 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Gaylord Hotels today announced details for elaborate holiday experiences coming to its four giant resorts from mid-November through early January.
Ranging from 1,300 to 2,882 guest rooms, the hotels will collectively display 6 million Christmas lights, nearly 30,000 poinsettias and 8 million pounds of colorful ice sculptures at its signature ICE! attraction.
Christmas packages are now on sale at www.ChristmasAtGaylordHotels.com for stays at Gaylord Opryland in the lively Music City of Nashville, Tennessee.; Gaylord Texan deep in the heart of Grapevine, Texas; Gaylord Palms in the family vacation oasis of Kissimmee, Florida; and Gaylord National on the banks of the Potomac near Washington, D.C.
"Though it's only July, teams have been planning for many months to create magical settings for families to create holiday memories," said Warren Lyng, director of special events for Gaylord Hotels. "Our resorts have become synonymous with Christmas over the years, and we are honored that millions have chosen to include us as part of their holiday traditions."All four resorts feature soaring, multi-acre atriums with breathtaking indoor gardens and waterfalls accented with towering Christmas trees, oversized wreaths and ornaments and dazzling details around every bend. Each is a destination unto itself with diverse restaurants, spas, pools, recreation, shopping, exciting entertainment and more—all under one roof. "Our most popular holiday attraction is ICE!, an interactive frozen fantasy world that is kept at nine degrees," said Lyng. "We partner with master ice artisans from Harbin, China, to produce brilliantly colored panoramas of hand-carved ice sculptures. There are multi-story ice slides for visitors to enjoy." More than 2 million pounds of ice are used at each resort. ICE! themes will include Frosty the Snowman™ at Gaylord National and Gaylord Texan; The Nutcracker at Gaylord Palms; and 'Twas the Night Before Christmas at Gaylord Opryland. All new for 2014 is bonus area where visitors can watch a master ice carver in action creating intricate ice sculptures. In addition to visits with Santa and dozens of other family-friendly events, Gaylord Hotels offers interactive adventures with beloved characters from DreamWorks Animation franchises including Shrek and Madagascar . Guests can dig into a character-themed feast and even have some sticky fun at Gingy's Gingerbread Decorating. Detailed information on the array of holiday activities at each property may be found at:
- Gaylord National Resort (National Harbor, Maryland) – www.ChristmasOnThePotomac.com
- Gaylord Opryland Resort ( Nashville, Tennessee) – www.ChristmasAtGaylordOpryland.com
- Gaylord Palms Resort ( Kissimmee, Florida) – www.ChristmasAtGaylordPalms.com
- Gaylord Texan Resort ( Grapevine, Texas) – www.ChristmasAtGaylordTexan.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV