ATLANTA, July 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Comcast announced today that it launched X1 DVR with cloud technology and live in-home streaming across greater Atlanta. New X1 customers in Atlanta will be the first in Comcast's southern region to have access to the new technology.
While in the home, customers will be able to watch their DVR recordings over Comcast's managed IP cable network on their mobile devices and computers; "check-out" DVR recordings by downloading them directly to a mobile device to take on-the-go; and access the X1 interface and live stream practically their entire TV channel lineup, as well as Xfinity On Demand choices, to IP-connected devices.
"We want to provide our customers with the best television viewing experience on every device, both in and out of the home," said Comcast Regional Senior Vice President Doug Guthrie. "This cloud-based technology enables Comcast to deliver on that promise, and gives customers a more personalized viewing experience."
To deliver these new features to Xfinity TV customers, Comcast has launched an Xfinity TV app for iOS and Android tablets and smartphones, and a dedicated portal for viewing on computers. To live stream their TV lineups or watch DVR and On Demand programming while on tablets or smartphones in their homes, customers can simply download the Xfinity TV app from the App Store, open the app and sign-in with their Xfinity TV credentials. Customers can then browse their channel lineup in the "Guide," access thousands of free movies and TV shows via Xfinity On Demand, or scan available recordings for download in the "Saved" menu. On laptops and computers, customers can sign-in through the Xfinity TV site to access their X1 guides and DVR recordings. For more information, customers can visit the Xfinity support page on www.comcast.com.Comcast plans to roll these features out to additional markets throughout the year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV