NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Euro Tech Holdings (CLWT) soared Monday after the company announced it had received a type approval certificate from China's Classification Society for its 300 Cubic Meters per hour Ballast Water Treatment System.
Euro Tech said in a statement it plans to create a larger BWTS of 750 Cubic Meters per hour in order to meet potential customers' requirements. It is also searching for distribution channels to market and sell its current systems. Finally, Euro Tech "may seek strategic partners or external investors for further expansion of its BWTS business," according to the statement.
The stock was up 29.54% to $5.35 at 1:12 p.m. More than 1.1 million shares had changed hands, which dwarfed the average volume of 10,202.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. CLWT data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV