For the first time ever, Walmart is offering teachers across the country 10 percent savings on classroom supplies. The retailer announced the teacher-exclusive savings event as data shows 53 percent of teachers received less in funding last year. Walmart has donated more than $20 million to U.S. educators in the last five years.
Teachers who shop at Walmart stores during its Teacher Appreciation Week, July 25 to 31, are eligible to receive a Walmart eGift Card for 10 percent back on nearly 15,000 products – everything from pencils and glue to classroom décor.
“On average, teachers around the country spend about $1,000 readying their classrooms, and half of that comes from reaching into their own wallets to make sure students have what they need,” said Steve Bratspies, executive vice president, general merchandise for Walmart U.S. “We’ve had a commitment to supporting teachers in the communities we serve for many years. This program is one more way we’re helping lessen the cost, increase support and set teachers up for success.”
The savings process for teachers is simple:
- Shop Walmart stores for classroom supplies.
- Visit www.walmart.com/teachers by August 15 to register receipts by entering teacher’s school information and receipt transaction code.
- Savings on eligible items from select departments* will be delivered on a Walmart eGift card via email within 14 days of submitting the receipt online.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV