The patent for "Network Based Authentication" protects CounterPath's means of authenticating a VoIP softphone application on a device through a GSM-based telephone network rather than through the traditional username and password. This enhances "the value of CounterPath's Operator OTT (Over the Top) solution offerings" and enables "mobile operators to offer a highly improved seamless VoIP user experience for its customers," according to the company's press release.
The patent allows manufacturers and service providers to include a built-in app on a device that allows it to "just work" with regard to mobile authentication when the user turns on the device. This eliminates the need for a username and password.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. The stock was up 52.92% to $1.67 at 12:58 p.m. More than 5.2 million shares had changed hands, which dwarfed the average volume of 24,703, and the stock nearly hit its 52-week high of $2.20. CPAH data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV