Western leaders threatened sanctions against Russia after the crash of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 was tied to Russian supported rebels in Ukraine. The threat of sanctions caused many Russian stocks to fall, including Mobile Telesystems, VimpelCom (VIP), and Yandex (YNDX), according to MarketWatch.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry and the overall market, MOBILE TELESYSTEMS OJSC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for MOBILE TELESYSTEMS OJSC is currently very high, coming in at 71.99%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, MBT's net profit margin of 13.35% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $1,239.63 million or 6.04% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, MOBILE TELESYSTEMS OJSC's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 12.89%.
- MOBILE TELESYSTEMS OJSC's earnings per share declined by 11.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MOBILE TELESYSTEMS OJSC increased its bottom line by earning $2.34 versus $1.04 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($67.24 versus $2.34).
- MBT, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 2.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 8.3%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MBT Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV