NEW YORK (TheStreet) –– Microsoft (MSFT) investors will be looking less to the company's earnings and more toward how CEO Satya Nadella plans to keep Microsoft relevant in the future, as its business comes under attack from almost everyone in Silicon Valley.
Under Nadella, Microsoft has made it a point to focus on the enterprise, enabling businesses and employees to have better experiences with Microsoft's cloud and Enterprise Mobility Suite, which may be affected by the recent Apple (AAPL)-IBM (IBM) deal.
"Beyond back-end cloud infrastructure, our cloud will also enable richer employee experiences," Nadella wrote in a recent email to all Microsoft employees. "For example, with our new Enterprise Mobility Suite, we now enable IT organizations to manage and secure the Windows, iOS and Android devices that their employees use, while keeping their companies secure."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV