EPIX, the premium entertainment network, announced today that boxing great and entrepreneur Oscar De La Hoya will be the next guest on Personal with Bill Rhoden, the network’s special interview series hosted by the award-winning sports journalist with The New York Times. In the 30-minute candid sit-down which premieres Tuesday, August 19 at 8pm ET, De La Hoya discusses his drive to be an Olympic and world champion and shares his perspective on the positives and negatives of a career in the ring and how it affected him personally. The special offers a unique look into the mind and life of a smart, successful and nuanced elite athlete/businessman.
“Bill Rhoden brings out all sides of Oscar in this new installment, one which we think will be a treat not just for boxing fans, but for anyone who enjoys hearing about the ups and downs of a great champion,” said EPIX President and CEO Mark Greenberg.
Nicknamed "The Golden Boy," Oscar De La Hoya is one of the most charismatic and successful athletes and businessmen in professional sports in the last quarter century. Born in East Los Angeles, De La Hoya won a gold medal at the Barcelona Olympic Games shortly after graduating from James A. Garfield High School and went on to be one of greatest champions the sport has ever known. He defeated 17 world champions and won ten world titles in six different weight classes and also generated more money than any other boxer in the history of the sport, an estimated $696 million pay-per-view income. De La Hoya founded Golden Boy Promotions, Inc., a sports promotional firm and expanded his efforts outside of boxing into other businesses, including owning Major League Soccer’s Houston Dynamo franchise. Outside the ring, De La Hoya has had a very public battle with substance abuse and has been the subject of tabloid coverage. He was inducted into the Boxing Hall of Fame last month.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV