BANGALORE, India and EAST BRUNSWICK, New Jersey, July 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Wipro Ltd. (NYSE:WIT), a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company today announced that it has been named a 'Major Player' by the global technology research and advisory firm International Data Corporation (IDC) in its report IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Oil & Gas Professional Services 2014 Vendor Assessment, Doc #EI249425, June 2014.
IDC evaluated leading Oil & Gas professional services providers across 25 criteria, relating to current offering, capability, strategy and market presence based on client inquiries, user needs assessments, and vendor and expert interviews.According to Jill Feblowitz, Vice President, IDC Energy Insights, "Leading oil & gas companies will be looking to their service providers to help them innovate and improve their performance in the coming years." Jill added, "The good news is that professional services firms have made great strides in building their oil & gas-specific capabilities in the past two years." Elaborating on Wipro's capabilities and maturity in the Oil & Gas space, the report states:
- "Wipro is highly regarded in the industry for its domain expertise, especially in upstream "
- "Wipro has a strong and well-articulated set of product offerings supported by marketing"
- "While Wipro ' s stable of experts is impressive, it continues to build domain expertise"
- "The company is preparing for the future by concentrating on development of local domain experts in conjunction with its oil & gas clients in the Middle East, Canada, Australia, and other growth markets. Development of local resources is an important part of Wipro's growth strategy."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts