NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Six Flags Entertainment Corp. (SIX) are down -6.83% to $38.20 at the beginning of trade on Monday, as the theme park company reported a 4% increase in revenue to $377 million for the 2014 second quarter, falling short of the FactSet consensus estimate of $395.2 million, Market Watch reports.
Six Flags also reported an 8% decline in park attendance.
However, the company announced a 5% increase in adjusted EBITDA to $145 million for the most recent quarter, compared to $138 million from the 2013 second quarter.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Six Flags said net income was $66.3 million for the 2014 second quarter, compared to $47.4 million from the year ago quarter.
Earnings per basic share were 70 cents, compared to 49 cents from last year's second quarter. Six Flag's earnings per diluted share were 67 cents for the second quarter of 2014 versus 47 cents for Q2 2013.Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates SIX FLAGS ENTERTAINMENT CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate SIX FLAGS ENTERTAINMENT CORP (SIX) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, increase in stock price during the past year and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated."
SIX data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV