Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume: Royal Philips (PHG)
- PHG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $39.4 million.
- PHG traded 180,132 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:04 AM, representing 14.1% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PHG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PHG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PHG: Koninklijke Philips N.V. is engaged in healthcare, consumer lifestyle, and lighting businesses worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. PHG has a PE ratio of 18.1. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Royal Philips a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Royal Philips has been 693,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Royal Philips has a market cap of $28.9 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. Shares are down 14.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Royal Philips as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including relatively poor performance when compared with the S&P 500 during the past year and unimpressive growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PHG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to -$332.03 million or 6.80% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, KONINKLIJKE PHILIPS NV has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 5.08%.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.34, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.78 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Industrial Conglomerates industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 7.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $206.34 million to $190.12 million.
- In its most recent trading session, PHG has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. We feel that the combination of its price rise over the last year and its current price-to-earnings ratio relative to its industry tend to reduce its upside potential.
- You can view the full Royal Philips Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts