NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- This earnings season has seen lots of volatility for stocks following quarterly reports. This is why investors need to understand the risk/reward for a stock, including its year-to-date return before its earnings report, and what the key trading levels are.
Today we'll look at how to trade shares of the following companies, which plan to report earnings after the closing bell Monday: Netflix (NFLX), Chipotle (CMG), Texas Instruments (TXN), Zions Bancorp (ZION) and Packaging Corp. (PKG).
The best year-to-date performer is Netflix, which is up 21%. There is a second-place tie between Chipotle and semiconductor giant Texas Instruments, both of which are up 11%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV