5 Approaches to Health That Will Hurt You
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Our health as a nation may be improving thanks to passage and implementation of the Affordable Care Act, but that's the big picture. It won't help much if individuals don't stop the bad habits that can turn your good health upside down.
So says Shane Griffin, a holistic nutritionist and the founder of Whole Life Balance, a health and nutrition services firm. Griffin, a former Toronto nightclub owner, shed his longtime drugs and alcohol abuse and now preaches the benefits of a nutritious diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Actually, he's even more serious about those bad health habits, noting that they combine to "lead you straight to your demise." What nasty habits is Griffin talking about?
He ranks these health-killers as his "top five":Eating too much of the same foods. Griffin says that when your diet is imbalanced you end up deficient in vital nutrients, and almost every disease starts with a deficiency of some sort. That's why he says to never consume one or more foods to excess. Also see: 40% Would Quit Their Jobs for Better Health Care Also see: 5 Safety Hazards to Watch Out for This Summer
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV