The stock, at around $45, is up 21% on the year to date, more-than doubling the tech sector's 9% gain. But investors are nervous about the company's Tuesday earnings, and not for the usual reasons.
The approval rating of new CEO Satya Nadella continues to rise and it's not hard to understand why. Since Microsoft reported its financial results in April -- Nadella's first as CEO -- the company has added roughly $31 billion to its market cap. As long as that trend continues, investors will prolong their applause.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV