MORRIS TOWNSHIP, N.J., July 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- More than 70 gifted and talented students, grades 6-10, worked alongside top scientists and researchers collecting and analyzing data on the health of the Chesapeake Bay. The two week summer science and environmental program ran July 6 to July 19 and was hosted by Honeywell (NYSE: HON) at the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science's Horn Point Laboratory in Cambridge, Maryland.
The Honeywell Institute for Ecosystems Education (HIEE) started in 2010 and is coordinated through the Maryland State Department of Education's Gifted and Talented Summer Center. The program uses the Investigating and Evaluating Environmental Issues and Actions (IEEIA) method, which operates on the belief that students learn best by choosing subjects of interest and fully immersing themselves into that subject matter.
Maryland Delegate Adelaide "Addie" Eckhart, a longtime advocate for education and the environment, praised the 73 students and 15 teachers for their active participation in local conservation efforts. "The Chesapeake Bay is an integral part of our community's well being, and we thank Honeywell for their ongoing commitment to our students, teachers and community," she said.
"By engaging students in the issues and sciences that are of critical importance to our state, the Honeywell Institute for Ecosystems Education program ensures that we have both local and global stewards to safeguard our environment for years to come," she added.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV