A Perfect Week That Shows Just How Dangerous It Is to Trade Gold
The 200-day moving average at the $1,290 area is key and must hold or we will be looking for lows at $1,180 to be tested and if they can't hold then $1,000 is back on the table.
We still have not seen the so called blood in the streets moment for this large correction in gold.
I would really like to see some genuine panic, not the orderly selling we've seen in this correction to date.
Silver lost 2.83 last week and was wild right alongside gold. It looks ready to break lower now and should soon be back testing $19.75 I know a lot of you were excited about the recent action in gold and silver but I'd taper that excitement and be careful. Platinum dropped 1.68% for the week and is now back to the strong pivot area at $1,490. That price posed large overhead resistance for platinum since March and we just finally broke out above that level. It looks like we are seeing a false breakout now and we will move back under $1,490 as gold should continue to weaken. Platinum follows gold. Palladium was solid and held onto gains of 0.81% for the week. Palladium had a great breakout Thursday and is so far holding it but if gold does continue to weaken then expect palladium to move lower as well back towards $840. Enjoy this great summer weekend. Warren Bevan This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV