The second quarter of 2014 was strong for the Select Sector Plus portfolio. The strategy benefitted from the volatility position added in April as well as full exposure to equities for the entire quarter.
Total return for the quarter was +25.79% compared to the S&P 500 Total Return Index returning +5.23%. A breakdown of the strategy's performance and risk analysis are shown on the table below. The second quarter of 2014 is a good example of how our actively managed strategy can provide significant outperformance in up-markets, which we believe is a great value. We always aim to deliver risk adjusted returns across multiple market cycles.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV