NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Resources Connection Inc.
(RECN) are soaring 13.63% to $14.84 after it reported fiscal fourth quarter earnings of $6.9 million, or 18 cents per diluted share, up from $5.3 million, or 13 cents per diluted share, in the same period, a year ago.
Revenue for the quarter rose 11.8% to $156.8 million compared to a year prior.
The professional services company also said it was able to return $10.7 million of capital to shareholders in the form of dividends and share repurchases during the quarter.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates RESOURCES CONNECTION INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate RESOURCES CONNECTION INC (RECN) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income." STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV