NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Knoll Inc. (KNL) are higher by 6.36% to $18.05 in mid-morning trading on Friday after the work place furnishings company reported a 36.7% increase in net earnings to $10.8 million for the 2014 second quarter, compared to $7.9 million from the year ago period.
Diluted earnings per share were 23 cents for the most recent quarter versus 17 cents for the 2013 second quarter.
Net sales increased 24% to $265.8 million for the 2014 second quarter, from $214.3 million for last year's second quarter.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates KNOLL INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate KNOLL INC (KNL) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and generally higher debt management risk."
KNL data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV