NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Drug trafficking is a serious crime and shares of FedEx (FDX) shares are vulnerable following the package delivery company's disclosure that the Department of Justice filed criminal charges that the company was shipping misbranded controlled substances such as Ambient and Valium.
If the company is found guilty, shares of FedEx could take a serious hit. But such an event could take months.
FedEx is a member of the Dow Jones Transportation Average ,which set an all-time intraday high at 8406.17 on Thursday helped by strength in FedEx. This average has a positive but overbought weekly chart with its five-week modified moving average at 8136.65.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV