Bank Of Montreal (BMO) Hits New Lifetime High
- BMO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $18.5 million.
- BMO has traded 3,758 shares today.
- BMO is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BMO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BMO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BMO: Bank of Montreal provides various retail banking, wealth management, and investment banking products and services in Canada, the United States, and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.8%. BMO has a PE ratio of 12.5. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Bank of Montreal a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Bank of Montreal has been 278,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Bank of Montreal has a market cap of $48.2 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. Shares are up 12.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Bank of Montreal as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BMO's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 26.76% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for BANK OF MONTREAL is currently very high, coming in at 83.28%. Regardless of BMO's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 20.56% trails the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, BANK OF MONTREAL has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $2.00 million or 99.92% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Bank of Montreal Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.