NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- JMP Securities increased its price target on The Blackstone Group
(BX - Get Report) to $44, increased its estimates and set a "buy" rating, as the company is seeing higher asset growth.
The stock was up 1.35% to $34.60 in pre-market trading on Friday.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 22.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, BLACKSTONE GROUP LP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 51.72% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 52.38% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- BLACKSTONE GROUP LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BLACKSTONE GROUP LP increased its bottom line by earning $1.98 versus $0.40 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.15 versus $1.98).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 58.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $167.64 million to $265.62 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: BX Ratings Report