NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Bank of America/Merrill Lynch downgraded Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS - Get Report) to "underperform" from "neutral," cut its estimates and set a $63 price target. The firm cited low visibility of a potential turnaround.
The stock was down 4.53% to $63.50 in pre-market trading on Friday.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 24.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- NU SKIN ENTERPRISES has improved earnings per share by 16.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, NU SKIN ENTERPRISES increased its bottom line by earning $5.94 versus $3.52 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.22 versus $5.94).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Personal Products industry average. The net income increased by 18.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $54.28 million to $64.26 million.
- The gross profit margin for NU SKIN ENTERPRISES is currently very high, coming in at 85.93%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 9.57% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: NUS Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts