Access National Corporation (NASDAQ: ANCX), parent company for Access National Bank (Bank), reported second quarter 2014 net income of $3.1 million, or $0.29 per common share. This represents the Corporation’s 56 th consecutive quarterly profit over its 58 quarter history. Consistent with management’s stated objective of a 40%-50% payout ratio against core earnings, the Board of Directors declared a cash dividend of $0.13 per share for holders of record as of August 4, 2014 and payable on August 25, 2014. The increase in routine dividend reflects Management’s favorable performance outlook and comfort with a favorable capital position.
Overall, second quarter 2014 pretax earnings fell when compared to second quarter 2013 pretax earnings by $781 thousand due to a decrease in mortgage segment pretax earnings of $1.3 million. Positively offsetting the reduction in mortgage segment pretax earnings was an increase in the banking segment pretax earnings of 11.3% or $477 thousand during the second quarter of 2014 in comparison to the second quarter of 2013. Pretax earnings were also positively impacted by a $62 thousand reduction in pretax loss of the Wealth Management Segment for the second quarter of 2014 when compared to the second quarter of 2013.
Net interest margin for the first six months of 2014 decreased from 3.81% to 3.79% when compared to the same period in 2013. On a linked quarter basis, the margin increased slightly to 3.80% for the three months ended June 30, 2014 compared to 3.78% for the three months ended March 30, 2014.
On a consolidated basis, the Corporation reported annualized return on average assets of 1.30% and 1.20% for the three and six month periods ended June 30, 2014, respectively. Meanwhile, the annualized return on average equity was 12.93% and 11.69% for the three and six months ended June 30, 2014, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV