NEW YORK, July 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- OTC Markets Group Inc. (OTCQX: OTCM) today announced the second quarter 2014 performance of the OTCM ADR Index (Bloomberg/Reuters: OTCDR; Thomson: DFCDR) and the OTCQX ADR 30 Index (Bloomberg/Reuters: OTCQX30; Thomson: DGCQX), powered by BNY Mellon DR Indices SM.
The OTCM ADR Index, the only index exclusively tracking American Depositary Receipts ("ADRs") on the OTCQX®, OTCQB® and OTC Pink® marketplaces, rose 4.23% in the second quarter, reversing a 0.13% decline in the first quarter. The index was up 4.1% year-to-date.The OTCQX ADR 30 Index, which launched on April 9, increased 3.43% in the second quarter. The index is comprised of the 30 largest ADRs on the OTCQX marketplace which has high financial standards, reporting requirements and third-party sponsorship. Components of the OTCQX ADR 30 Index include well-known global companies such as Adidas AG (OTCQX: ADDYY), AXA (OTCQX: AXAHY), British Sky Broadcasting Group Plc (OTCQX: BSYBY), Danone (OTCQX: DANOY) and Roche Holding Ltd. (OTCQX: RHHBY). "We are pleased with the positive return of the OTCQX ADR 30 Index in the second quarter," said R. Cromwell Coulson, President and CEO of OTC Markets Group. "OTCQX ADRs are the most established, transparent and shareholder-friendly global companies trading on our marketplaces and represent a tremendous opportunity for U.S. investors looking to safely and confidently diversify their global portfolios. We anticipate launching more new indices later this year." Second Quarter 2014 Highlights:
- The OTCM ADR Index rose 4.23% in the second quarter and was up 4.1% year-to-date through June 30, 2014. The more than 600 ADRs within the index traded $30 billion in the second quarter, slightly down from the $33.86 billion traded in the first quarter but above the prior year quarter of $26 billion.
- The best-performing component industries during the quarter were oil and gas (+11%), technology (+7.54%) and utilities (+6.98%).
- Sixty-three new companies were added to the OTCM ADR Index during the second quarter, including Nighthawk Energy Plc (OTCQX: NHEGY), OCI N.V. (OTCQX: OCINY), Siemens AG (OTC Pink: SIEGY) and Technicolor (OTCQX: TCLRY). Forty-four companies were removed from the index during the quarter.
- The OTCQX ADR 30 Index rose 3.43% in the second quarter. OTCQX ADRs within the index traded $6.4 billion during the quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV