NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Skyworks Solutions Inc. (SWKS) are soaring 6.52% to $49.36 in after-hours trading on Thursday after it reported a 60% rise in operating income for the fiscal third quarter of $179.1 million, or 83 cents, compared to $111.9 million, or 54 cents for the prior year.
It also exceeded its revised guidance of 80 cents per share given on June 3.
Revenue for the quarter rose 35% to $587 million compared to $436.1 million a year ago.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Growth Stocks
Skyworks also expects fourth quarter revenue to be up 43% year-on-year to $680 million with diluted earnings per share up 56% year on year to $1.00.
The analog semi-conductor company cited an "exciting growth phase driven by global wireless proliferation."
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates SKYWORKS SOLUTIONS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate SKYWORKS SOLUTIONS INC (SWKS) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV