Trade-Ideas: Cabela's (CAB) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- CAB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $52.2 million.
- CAB is up 4.4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CAB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CAB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CAB: Cabela's Incorporated, together with its subsidiaries, operates as a specialty retailer and direct marketer of hunting, fishing, camping, and related outdoor merchandise. The company operates through three segments: Retail, Direct, and Financial Services. CAB has a PE ratio of 20.9. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Cabela's a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cabela's has been 727,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Cabela's has a market cap of $4.1 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.99 and a short float of 26.9% with 14.85 days to cover. Shares are down 12.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cabela's as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- 43.79% is the gross profit margin for CABELAS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 3.54% trails the industry average.
- CABELAS INC's earnings per share declined by 48.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CABELAS INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.14 versus $2.42 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.58 versus $3.14).
- CAB, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 0.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 9.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.57 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Despite the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, the company has managed to keep a very strong quick ratio of 3.76, which shows the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Cabela's Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV