NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Capital One
(COF) shares are up 0.62% to $83 in after-hours trading on Thursday following the release of the company's second quarter earnings results.
Net revenue for the quarter increased 2% over the previous year to $5.5 billion, ahead of analysts $5.4 billion expectations.
Net income for the quarter was $1.2 billion, or $2.04 per diluted share, well ahead of analysts $1.82 per share estimates.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates CAPITAL ONE FINANCIAL CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate CAPITAL ONE FINANCIAL CORP (COF) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins."
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV