NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Seagate Technology Plc
(STX) are down -3.03% to $59.50 after it reported fiscal fourth quarter profit of $320 million, down from $348 million in the same period a year ago.
Adjusted earnings for the quarter were $370 million, or $1.10 per share, which was in line with the consensus estimate of analysts surveyed by Reuters.
Revenues decreased to $3.3 billion from $3.4 billion last year, while analysts had expected the company to report revenues of $3.33 billion.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates SEAGATE TECHNOLOGY PLC as a Buy with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate SEAGATE TECHNOLOGY PLC (STX) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income." STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV