NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- B&G Foods Inc.
(BGS) shares are lower by -3.34% to $29.79 in after-hours trading on Thursday after the company released its 2014 second quarter earnings results which were below analysts' expectations.
B&G Foods reported an increase in net sales 26.1% to $202.9 million, from $160.9 million for the 2013 second quarter, but revenue fell short of the $207.46 million analysts expected, Nasdaq reports.
The company, which sells and distributes shelf-stable food and household products, reported net income on a GAAP basis of $16.1 million, or 30 cents per diluted share for the most recent quarter, compared to a net loss of -1.4 million, -3 cents per share for the year ago period.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Adjusted net income was $17.5 million, or 33 cents per adjusted diluted share versus $17.3 million, or 33 cents per adjusted diluted share.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected earnings of 39 cents per share.
BGS data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV