- Direct Metal Printing leads to new top speed record at racing event
- 3D printed metal part solves critical engineering challenge, faster and at a lower cost than other manufacturing methods
- Speakers from 3D Systems, Metal Technology, Inc. and English Racing will present and take questions in live webinarROCK HILL, S.C., July 17, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) announced today a new webinar titled: Metal Technology, Inc. and English Racing Push the Envelope with Direct Metal Printing from 3D Systems. Scheduled for Tuesday July 22, 2014, at 11:00 am Eastern Daylight Time, the webinar will reveal how technicians from English Racing and engineers from Metal Technology (MTI) rapidly transformed an idea into reality. They 3D printed it in 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, installed it on the vehicle's engine, and only 3 days later the vehicle was successful in track testing. A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=26550 English Racing, based in Washington state, tunes and races high-performance cars. The team's Mitsubishi Evo was exceeding oil pressure limitations at high RPMs, a situation that had already destroyed several engines. The team at English Racing had an engineering solution but could not justify a costly and time-consuming casting process to test out the idea. Instead, they turned to MTI in Albany, Oregon for a solution. MTI employed its newly-acquired ProX 300 Direct Metal Printer from 3D Systems to print the necessary parts. "Prior to 3D printed metal components, the costs of designing and fabricating 'one-off' or small lots of parts or components was prohibitive in most cases," said Gary Cosmer, CEO of MTI. "3D printing also opens up a whole new way of engineering components that are lighter and perform better, because there is no limit on complexity. Engineers can design exactly the component they need, without worrying about whether it's possible to manufacture it. The ProX 300 prints parts that are impossible to make any other way."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts