3 Stocks Pushing The Materials & Construction Industry Lower
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 133.33% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 34.02% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- INTEGRATED ELECTRICAL SVCS reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, INTEGRATED ELECTRICAL SVCS continued to lose money by earning -$0.14 versus -$0.18 in the prior year.
- Despite the weak revenue results, IESC has outperformed against the industry average of 13.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.4%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Construction & Engineering industry and the overall market, INTEGRATED ELECTRICAL SVCS's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for INTEGRATED ELECTRICAL SVCS is rather low; currently it is at 17.19%. Regardless of IESC's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 0.32% trails the industry average.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.