3 Stocks Pushing The Consumer Durables Industry Lower
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Household Durables industry average. The net income increased by 20.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $4.37 million to $5.26 million.
- ETH's revenue growth trails the industry average of 17.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.37, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.94 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- ETHAN ALLEN INTERIORS INC has improved earnings per share by 20.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ETHAN ALLEN INTERIORS INC reported lower earnings of $1.12 versus $1.70 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.35 versus $1.12).
- The gross profit margin for ETHAN ALLEN INTERIORS INC is rather high; currently it is at 56.46%. Regardless of ETH's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ETH's net profit margin of 3.03% compares favorably to the industry average.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts