For the second quarter Blackhawk Network reported earnings of 9 cents a share, beating analysts' estimates of 4 cents a share by 5 cents. Revenue grew 25.7% from the year-ago quarter to $283.9 million. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected revenue of $257 million for the quarter.
"For the second consecutive quarter adjusted operating revenue growth was 29% driven by strong sales of open loop gift cards in the U.S., increases in international load value, and the addition of InteliSpend, the incentives and rewards business we acquired in late 2013," CEO Bill Tauscher said in a press release. "Worldwide load value grew 36%, or 25% excluding acquisitions, and international accounted for 21% of total load value during the second quarter."
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates BLACKHAWK NETWORK HLDGS INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate BLACKHAWK NETWORK HLDGS INC (HAWK) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed ? some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's net income has been quite unimpressive." HAWK data by YCharts STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV