NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Novartis (NVS) shares are down -1.2% to $88.93 on Thursday after reporting second quarter earnings of $1.34 that missed Bloomberg analysts estimates by 3 cents.
The worlds largest drug maker reported a year over year quarterly revenue increase of 1% to $14.64 billion, below analysts $14.83 billion forecast.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates NOVARTIS AG as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate NOVARTIS AG (NVS) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels, increase in net income and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity." STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV