NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Travelzoo (TZOO) stock is down -6.53% to $17.75 after the company reported net income for the second quarter of $7.9 million or 54 cents per share, compared to $5.2 million or 34 cents per share in the same quarter a year ago.
Adjusted net income for the second quarter was $4.4 million or 30 cents per share, compared to $5.2 million or 34 cents per share in the comparable quarter in 2013.
Revenue for the latest second quarter declined 11% to $36.88 million from $41.33 million a year ago.
On average, two analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected the company to earn 29 cents per share on revenue of $39.58 million for the second quarter.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV