How to Make the Best Margaritas
Making a margarita is pretty simple and we're going to tell you how. The thing is, there are so many varieties of margaritas out there, that answering the question, "How to Make Margaritas?" doesn't come easily.
The first basic step to make margaritas is to prep your glasses. Rub lime on the rim of the glass, dip the rim into course salt, then put the glasses into the freezer to chill.
Next, combine your ingredients: Tequila, fresh lime juice, Triple Sec, or Cointreau into a cocktail shaker with crushed ice.
Shake it vigorously, then strain into your chilled glasses.
Garnish the glass with a lime wedge.
Those are the basics on how to make margaritas. Now we will tell you how to make the BEST margaritas.
Whatever you do, there are two main rules we, at TheStreet like to follow:
First, never buy a commercially prepared margarita mix you may find at your local warehouse club such as Costco, or discounter Walmart.
Second, don't skimp by purchasing cheap tequila. If you're not sure which tequila to choose for your margarita start here: Best Tequila
You'll thank me later.
Now that you have your tequila...here are some margarita recipes to get you started:
How To Make: 'The Top Shelf' Margaritas
This recipe is for those who are in the mood for margaritas that are a cut above the ordinary.
It's courtesy of Mixthatdrink.com
2 ounces of any top shelf tequila of your choice
1 1/2 ounces lime juice (about 2 limes)
1 ounce Grand Marnier or Patron Citronge
1 1/2 cup ice cubes
Margarita salt, or kosher salt
1 lime slice
Run a lime slice around the rim of a margarita glass and them press the rim into a saucer of kosher sauce to create the salt rim.
Put the ice in a cocktail shaker along with all of the other ingredients.
Shake until a frothiness forms on the outside of the shaker.
Strain the mixture into the glass, garnish with a lime wedge and serve.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV