NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Dover Corp. (DOV) are lower by -2.26% to $86.93 in early afternoon trading on Thursday following the company's 2014 second quarter results which showed a decline in net earnings to $214 million, or $1.27 per share, compared to $330 million, or $1.91 for the 2013 second quarter.
However, the company, which manufacturers engineered systems, fluids, and refrigeration and food equipment, posted a 6% increase in revenue for the most recent quarter to $2 billion, over the year ago period.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
"We rate DOVER CORP (DOV) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates DOVER CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
DOV data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV