NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- eBay (EBAY) shares are up 1.4% to $51.41 on Thursday after the company reported a 12.6% year over year quarterly increase in gross revenue to $4.37 billion.
The increased revenue was driven by a 5.5% jump in the revenue generated by the company's PayPal segment.
The company reported quarterly earnings of 69 cents per share, 1 cent better than analysts had anticipated.
Must Read: 20 Most Volatile Post-Earnings Stocks
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
In separate news, the company also settled a six-year old lawsuit brought against it by apparel maker LVMH (LVMUY) who accused the online auction site of allowing users to sell knock offs of its high end brands.
TheStreet Ratings team rates EBAY INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate EBAY INC (EBAY) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed - some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself." STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV