NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- If you listened to lobbyist predictions about the Affordable Care Act and sold the health insurers when the act was passed in 2010, you may be spitting out your corn flakes today.
If you listened to what I wrote in October, on the other hand, you're probably smiling.
All of the largest health insurance companies continue to do well. UnitedHealth (UNH) is just the latest to report earnings, and this month represents the first batch of earnings to come out reflecting results from the Obamacare exchanges.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV